Why join us for this trip? Because it is only in late September and only in Munich that you can participate the centuries long tradition of the Oktoberfest! Do not settle for second-best; travel with us to the place were the tradition has started and where it still is the most authentic Octoberfest experience possible: Munich, Germany!
Join us for the 187th edition of Oktoberfest at traditional Oide Wiesn in Munich! The first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17th with a horse race. In the following years the celebrations were repeated and later the festival was prolonged and moved forward into September. By moving the festivities up, it allowed for better weather conditions because the September nights are warmer and visitors were able to enjoy the gardens outside the tents and the stroll over “die Wiesen” or the festival grounds. Join us for the 187th edition of this great Munich traditions!
Date & Price
September 19 – 26, 2024 – Sign Up Here
$3,300 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Munich and Bavaria adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 6-12 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria (and maybe Berlin and Salzburg, and the Romantic Road?) come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 20 sightseeing events: Munich walking tours, participate in the walking parade through Munich to officially open Octoberfest, witness tapping of the first Octoberfest-beer-barrel, Octoberfest traditional costume parade, traditional concerts the Octoberfest brass-band, … and much, much more.
- 7 days/5 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each prior trip you have taken.
- Fine print: You are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.