Experience charming Switzerland and quaint southern Germany. Explore the historical and cultural centers of Zurich, Bern, and Munich. See the fairytale castles of Bavaria, and snow covered peaks of the Swiss Alps. Stay in centrally located, well-known, quality, hotels. Enjoy plenty of free time for your own discoveries and adventures to explore the culture, history, and everyday life of these unique countries.
In your free time, consider additional events such as (1) day trip to Salzburg with optional Sound of Music tour of the movie sites and sets, or (2) drive on the German Autobahn with a car of your choice, or (3) visit major World War II sites and memorials.
Date & Price
July 29 – August 6, 2023 – WAITLIST
September 23 – October 2, 2023 –WAITLIST
Ski in the Alps: March 2-11, 2024 – Sign Up Here
Chocolate Tour: April 6-15, 2024 – Sign Up Here
July 27 – August 4, 2024 – Sign Up Here
Swiss Trains: August 17-26, 2024 – Sign Up Here
September 21-30, 2024 – Sign Up Here
$3,300.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Munich (MUC) and out of Zurich (ZHR)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Munich.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria and Switzerland come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 20 sightseeing events: Zurich walking tour, Munich walking tour, Bern walking tour, orientation for walks/hiking in the Swiss Alps, tour of the chocolate factory, visit to the BMW World, Linderhof palace tour, Munich Residenz Palace, Dachau concentration camp, Bavaria’s Romantic Road, Munich’s Marienplatz, English Gardens, Zurich Old Town, historic churches, Hofbrauhaus, Vikualienmarkt, Olympic Stadium and Park, Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse, Fraumunster, Gruyeres village, Liechtenstein and much more.
- All nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between European cities and hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT for each prior trip you have taken.
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your meals, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
NOTE: At Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your travel adventures!
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting will start upon arrival at our hotel in Munich. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After dinner, take an optional walk Munich’s major monument and classy Marienplatz, the heart of the city.
Today, we will start with a walking tour of the historical center of Munich. We will explore Munich’s Christian (the city’s name is plural of “monk”) with visits to her oldest churches, including iconic city landmarks of Frauenkirche and the Viktualienmarkt. In the afternoon we will explore the most famous export, the BMW World. Evening is free for personal discoveries and explorations of this great city.
Today we will travel the Romantic Road and explore the picturesque and alluring countryside of Bavaria. We will stop two major sites of Bavarian royalty, the Neuschwanstein Castle and the Linderhof Palace. We will also visit rustic and world-famous village of Oberammergau. We will return to Munich in the evening.
Walking: moderate to strenuous.
Today is a free day for personal explorations. Take an optional trip to Salzburg, the city of Mozart and the Sound of Music. Follow the footsteps of Bavarian royalty at the Residenz and the Nymphenburg Palace. Free evening back in Munich. Explore major WW2 sites in or near Munich.
This morning, we will depart for Zurich. We will make a brief stopover in the Principality of Liechtenstein before we enter pristine and enchanting landscapes of Switzerland. After setting into our Swiss accommodation, we will start exploring Zurich’s historical district. We will take our first glimpse of the Swiss Alps right after dinner.
Today, we will travel to the top of the Swiss Alps. We will make stops at the historical village Altdorf (made famous by stories of Wilhelm Tell) and experience timeless beauty of Swiss landscape. In the evening, celebrate the Swiss National Holiday with street parties, food, live music and some of the best fireworks anywhere.
We’ll begin our day with a trip to the farms and village of Gruyeres. Next, we will visit one of the oldest Swiss chocolate factories (including tastings). In the afternoon consider optional trip to the ancient ice glacier and snow-covered mountain tops of the Swiss Alps
Today is a free day in Zurich. You will have opportunity to enjoy this incredible city and its many cultural and shopping treasures. In the evening consider a boat ride on the lake of Zurich
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.