Experience two breathtaking, charming, proud, unique, magical, and cheeky cultures: magical Ireland and enchanting Scotland. Explore major cities and cultural centers of both cultures: Dublin, Irish countryside, Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands. Take a train ride through the countryside. Visit the country side and off-the-beaten path, authentic, unchanged by time, places in each country. Join us for this incredible, worry-free trip!
Military Tattoo: Scotland in August 2024
Travel to enchanted and mysterious Scotland to explore ancient castles in the Highlands, feel the magic and history of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, kick up your heels at very Scottish cèilidh (that’s a dance party with bagpipes), attend a spectacular performance at the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle by British Armed Forces, Commonwealth and International military bands and display teams, and participate in – yes, participate if you want to – in local events at the historical Highland Games. This tour really provides for the experience of a lifetime. Dress warmly for the outdoors as the seating in the esplanade is uncovered.
Date & Price
September 7-16, 2023 – SOLD OUT
September 15-23, 2023 – Sign Up Here
May 17-25, 2024 – Sign Up Here
May 31 – June 8, 2024 – Sign Up Here
September 13-21, 2024 – Sign Up Here
Military Tattoo – August 22-30, 2024*
COST: $3,300 + Air
*Military Tattoo Cost: $3,500 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Edinburgh (EDI) and out of Dublin (DUB)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Scotland.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Ireland and Scotland come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 20 sightseeing events: Dublin and Edinburgh walking tours, explore Dublin Castle, Malahide Castle, Edinburgh Castle, St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick’s Cathederal, Four Courts, The Trinity College, National Museum of Scotland, Grassmarket, the Royal Mile, St. Giles Cathedral, Palace of Holyroodhouse, some of the oldest Scottish pubs, Scottish Highlands tour, Highland castles, … and much, much more.
- All nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT for each prior trip you have taken.
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your meals, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your travel adventures!
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start upon arrival at our hotel in Edinburgh. After initial orientation session, we will take a neighborhood walk and tour of Georgian Edinburgh.
Today we will explore the medieval Edinburgh. Our walking tour will take us up the Royal Mile with its wealth of historic buildings, quaint shops, narrow lanes, and hidden courtyards, then onto Grassmarket and Greyfriars cemetery. This afternoon, we will visit Edinburgh Castle at your leisure and soak up the dramatic views from this military stronghold and birthplace of the city. After dinner, take an optional tour of local pubs.
Today, we are off to the Scottish Highlands! We start by visiting scenic and iconic Castles and enjoy a quintessential Scottish lunch in a local pub. Time permitting, we will make extended stop at one of local Highland Games to have a first hand experience of Scottish culture and customs. We will end the day with an optional mystery walk through the Old Edinburgh.
After free morning, we will take a short flight from Edinburgh to Dublin. Upon arrival in the capitol of Ireland, we will settle into our new hotel and take a late afternoon walk through the memorable and historical center of the city. After dinner, join us for a river walk.
Walking: light to moderate.
This morning, we will explore calamitous history of Dublin, from the days of Viking raids to the hard centuries of British occupation, to its remarkable literary legacy, to the modern city of today. We will visit St. Partick’s Cathederal, the Christ Church Cathedral, and the Trinity College. In the College Library we will marvel at the remarkable Book of Kells, a jolt of Irish creativity that helped pull Europe out of the Dark Ages. Late afternoon and evening will be free to take in some of Dublin’s other world-class sights, such as the National Museum or Dublin Castle.
Today we will explore Irish countryside. Our first stop is a picturesque fishing village of Howth. Here we will enjoy a cliff walk (look for dolphins!) and taste arguably the best fish and chips in all of Ireland. Next, we will explore the Castle and the local Irish village of Malahide. In the evening, we will return to Dublin for a historic pub walk.
Walking: moderate to strenuous.
Today is a free day; take an optional train trip to Cork or Galway to explore western Ireland, visit Guinness Factory, or do last minute shopping in Dublin.
Walking: light to moderate.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.