Explore authentic Italy!
- Experience authentic Italy at its best: have audience with the pope, explore the Vatican City, have dinner cooked by the nuns, shop at local Christmas markets, learn about the secrets of gelato, make your own Italian coffee.
- Explore on your own: discover the masterpieces of the Renaissance when in Rome and Florence.
- Shopping: do your Christmas shopping in the streets and specialty stores of Florence.
- Optional, worry-free, customized day trips from Florence to Pisa, Siena, Arezzo, Lucca, or Bologna (extra cost applies).
Date & Price
Tour A: December 5-12, 2021 (Sunday through Sunday)
Tour B: December 12-19, 2021 (Sunday through Sunday)
Tour C: December 4-11, 2022 (Sunday through Sunday)
Tour D: December 11-18, 2022 (Sunday through Sunday)
$1,775.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Rome (FCO) and out of Florence (FLR) — choose “multicity” on flight-booking websites.
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Italy.
Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Rome and Florence adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 10-15 people
- Full-time services of a guide and local experts who will make the fascinating history, art and culture of Italy come alive for you
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – covering access to at least 25 sightseeing events: Rome walking tour, Florence Renaissance walk, Vatican City walking tour, St. Peter’s Basilica, St. John the Lateran Church, Santa Maria Maggiore Church, Vatican Museum, Pantheon, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Christmas markets in Rome, Florence, “Holy Staircase,” dinner at a convent, papal audience, Palazzo Vechio, Dante’s home, Accademia and Michelangelo’s David, the Baptistery, the Duomo, lectures on the Renaissance and the Roman Empire, the Emmanuel monument, much more.
- 8 days/6 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between Rome and Florence.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Rome. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Trevi Fountain, the heart of the classy Rome.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we will explore the center of Ancient Rome. We start with visits to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Piazza del Campidoglio, before capping our day at the 2000 years old Pantheon.
Walking: strenuous (watch out for unpaved streets of the Ancient Rome and the Roman Forum). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Spanish Steps.
In the morning, we will visit major sites of Christian Rome and then move on the Vatican City, including the Vatican Museum.
Walking: strenuous (especially around the Vatican City and in the Vatican Museum). After dinner, take an optional walk through the mysterious and charming streets of the medieval Rome
After breakfast, and an optional audience with the pope, we will take train to Florence. Upon arrival in Florence, we will become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. We will cap off the day with the Renaissance Walk though Florence.
Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after-dinner walk). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Duomo and our favorite Gelateria in town.
After breakfast, we will explore the Farmer’s Market and follow up with walk through historical center of Florence. Our stops include Brunelleschi’s magnificent cathedral dome, Ghiberti’s Baptistery doors, the Baptistery, and the Accademia Gallery where we will have time to appreciate Michelangelo’s masterpieces, including David.
Walking: light to moderate. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Piazza Michelangelo for the best views of the city, followed by return to our favorite Gelateria in town.
Today is a free day; go back to the Farmer’s Market or take an optional trip to Pisa, explore the Tuscan countryside, or shop at the Christmas Market.
Walking: light to moderate.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.
NOTE: consider adding Christmas Markets tour prior to authentic Italy trip (click here for details)