- THEATER: choose your plays and seats before your travel to experience the best of London’s shows
- SOCCER: take in some of the best of English soccer; Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham play home during our visit!
- HARRY POTTER: visit some of Harry Potter locations in London and Oxford; add an excursion to Harry Potter Studios!
- ROYAL LONDON: experience London of the royal family, including Changing of the Guards and parts of Shakespeare’s London
- NEW: follow the footsteps of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien in Oxford
Date & Price
October 14-19, 2020 (Wednesday through Monday)
$1,600.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options (add Paris?) to customize your European adventures!
- A very small, friendly group of 6-10 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of London come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 22 sightseeing events: London walking tour, the House of Parliament, all major London bridges, Thames River walks, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the British Library, the British Museum, the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Changing of the Guards, Oxford Street, Regents Street, Baker Street, National Gallery, the Hyde Park, some of the oldest pubs, historical train stations, Covent Garden, optional Harry Potter sights, and much, much more.
- Optional day-trip to Oxford or Paris (extra fees apply)
- 6 days/4 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP to reschedule.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in London. Our meeting we be followed with a walk to become more familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After Underground/Tube orientation, we we will explore few most memorable cultural and historical sights of London, including stops at the Hyde Park and the Oxford Street. After dinner, take an optional trip to the Southbank neighborhood on the Thames.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we will explore the City of Westminster. Our walk will start with the walk through St. James Park and up to the Buckingham Palace where we will experience the Changing of the Guards. After a brief stop at the Guards Chapel and the Wellingtons Barracks, we will visit majestic Westminster Abbey. After lunch, we’ll visit the British Library. Our evening is free; consider Evensong at St. Paul’s, or go to a theater, or attended a football game.
Walking: strenuous. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Tower of London.
Today we will explore the City of London. We will start at the medieval Tower of London where we will join a Yeoman Warder “Beefeater” for an entertaining tour and a close-up look at the magnificent collection of Crown Jewels. After lunch, we will take a walking tour of The City, the oldest part of London and today one of the world’s key financial centers. This evening is free and perfect for the theater (book a popular show in advance online or pick up a ticket in London).
Walking: strenuous. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Somerset Palace and the Covent Garden.
Today, we travel to the English countryside and experience historic and academic-minded Oxford. We will explore the Broad Street as well as Museum fo Natural History where the original public debate over Charles Darwin’ The Origin of Species took place. We will also visit a number of unique college campuses that make up the Oxford University system and we will stop at the pub made famous by literary discussions between C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkin. Your evening is free, allowing for more exploration of Oxford or an early return to London.
Walking: moderate to strenuous. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Southbank.
This is our travel day. Heathrow and Gatwick airports can be easily reached by Tube, train, or taxi from our London neighborhood. For those not ready to return home yet, London is a great jumping off point to Paris, Dublin, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, and many other exciting destinations (ask us for help you with travel logistics and itinerary suggestions). Cheerio!
Itinerary specifics subject to change.