Experience two breathtaking, charming, proud, unique, magical, and cheeky cultures: magical Ireland and enchanting Scotland. Explore major cities and cultural centers of both cultures: Dublin, Irish countryside, Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands. Take a train ride through the countryside. Visit the country side and off-the-beaten path, authentic, unchanged by time, places in each country. Join us for this incredible, worry-free trip!
Date & Price
TOUR A: May 25-June 3, 2021 (SOLD OUT)
TOUR B: June 1-10, 2021
TOUR C: July 2-12, 2021 (SOLD OUT)
TOUR C: September 18-26, 2021
COST: $2,700.00 (2020 prices; 2021 pricing announced on 6/15/2020) + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Edinburgh (EDI) and out of Dublin (DUB)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Scotland.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Scotland and Ireland adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Ireland and Scotland come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 30 sightseeing events: Dublin and Edinburgh walking tours, explore Dublin Castle, Malahide Castle, Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick’s Cathederal, Four Courts, The Trinity College, the Library and the Book of Kells, National Museum of Scotland, Grassmarket, the Royal Mile, St. Giles Cathedral, Palace of Holyroodhouse, some of the oldest Scottish pubs, Scottish Highlands tour, St. Andrews … and much, much more.
- 10 days/8 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and half of your dinners
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2019
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Edinburgh. After initial orientation session, we will take a neighborhood walk and tour of Georgian Edinburgh. Optional after dinner walk as we explore the New Town.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we will explore the medieval Edinburgh. Our walking tour will take us up the Royal Mile with its wealth of historic buildings, quaint shops, narrow lanes, and hidden courtyards, then onto Grassmarket and Greyfriars cemetery. This afternoon, we will visit Edinburgh Castle at your leisure and soak up the dramatic views from this military stronghold and birthplace of the city. After dinner, take an optional tour of local pubs.
Walking: strenuous (including some hills and stairs). After dinner, take an optional walk to few historical pubs of Edinburgh.
Today, we are off to the Scottish Highlands! We start by visiting scenic and iconic Dunnottar Castle and enjoy a quintessential Scottish lunch in a local pub. Time permitting, we will make extended stop at one of local Highland Games to have a first hand experience of Scottish culture and customs. We will end the day with an optional mystery walk through the Old Edinburgh.
Walking: moderate. After dinner, take an optional walk through the mysterious Old Edinburgh.
Today is a free day; go back to your favorite spots in Edinburgh, take a whiskey tour, or visit St. Andrews.
Walking: light to moderate.
After free morning, we will take a short flight from Edinburgh to Dublin. Upon arrival in the capitol of Ireland, we will settle into our new hotel and take a late afternoon walk through the memorable and historical center of the city. After dinner, join us for a river walk.
Walking: light to moderate. After dinner, take an optional River Walk.
This morning, we will explore calamitous history of Dublin, from the days of Viking raids to the hard centuries of British occupation, to its remarkable literary legacy, to the modern city of today. We will visit St. Partick’s Cathederal, the Christ Church Cathedral, and the Trinity College. In the College Library we will marvel at the remarkable Book of Kells, a jolt of Irish creativity that helped pull Europe out of the Dark Ages. Late afternoon and evening will be free to take in some of Dublin’s other world-class sights, such as the National Museum or Dublin Castle.
Walking: moderate. After dinner, take an optional the Temple Bar.
Today we will explore Irish countryside. Our first stop is a picturesque fishing village of Howth. Here we will enjoy a cliff walk (look for dolphins!) and taste arguably the best fish and chips in all of Ireland. Next, we will explore the Castle and the local Irish village of Malahide. In the evening, we will return to Dublin for a historic pub walk.
Walking: moderate to strenuous (depending on the distance of your cliff walk). After dinner, take an optional pub walk.
Today is a free day; take an optional train trip to Cork or Galway to explore western Ireland, visit Guinness Factory, or do last minute shopping in Dublin.
Walking: light to moderate.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.