Iconic monuments, memorials, and architecture are waiting to greet you in our very own nation’s capital! Ready to visit our nation’s capital? Want to understand the meaning of freedom and America’s story? Explore the nation’s history and culture through the eyes of its capital city by visiting its museums and strolling along Capitol Hill. Cross the river into Virginia to discover the old-town charm of Alexandria and see the estate George Washington called home. Discover D.C.!
Date & Price
TOUR A: March 17-21, 2024
TOUR B: May 10-14, 2024
TOUR C: July 1-5, 2024
TOUR D: August 9-13, 2024
Interested in going? Fill out this form and we will set up a trip that works for you.
- Our tours do not include airfare.
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people.
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide, and local experts who will make fascinating history, art, and culture of Washington DC come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access and transport to at least 15 historic and cultural sites such as: Smithsonian Museums, US Capitol, Library of Congress, National Archives, Arlington National Cemetery, Mt. Vernon, Ford’s Theatre, the National Cathedral. Also includes walking tours of the memorials & monuments of DC and a historical walking tour of Old Town Alexandria, and much, much more.
- All nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- Transportation to sights within the DC Metro area.
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each prior trip you have taken.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- REWARDS are available for those who have traveled with us prior to 2021.
- Fine print: You are responsible for the cost of your drinks, and any free-time sightseeing, travel, airport transfers, and some meals.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Day 1: Travel Day
Today is your travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
We will start early this morning, taking public transport into the heart of DC: the National Mall. Enjoy free time to visit any of the many Smithsonian Museums of your choice. Try the nearby food trucks for lunch. Then, we will enjoy a tour of the Capitol building and explore the Library of Congress. The day will end with a memorable evening stroll around the Reflecting Pool.
Walking: Moderate, some hills and stairs.
Visit the National Archives of such notoriety and stop for a photo op outside the White House! Enjoy free time in the afternoon to visit an additional Smithsonian Museum of your choice. Following dinner at the Wharf, join your guide for another evening stroll around the Tidal Basin to see the MLK, FDR, and Thomas Jefferson memorials.
Walking: Moderate, some hills and stairs.
Today is the day to explore all nearby Virginia has to offer. Begin with a morning walk around Arlington National Cemetery to witness the solemnity of the Changing of the Guard ceremony and hear the stories of those who served our nation bravely. Then, we will make our way down to Mt. Vernon, the home of George Washington, to discover new insights into his life. The day will wrap up with dinner and a walking tour of Old Town Alexandria.
Walking: Strenuous, will include hills and stairs, minor rough terrain.
Tour Ford’s Theatre, the assassination site of Abraham Lincoln, then visit the beautiful National Cathedral in DC before finally starting your homeward journey. Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.