Experience charming Switzerland, proud Bavaria, and quaint Austria. Explore quaint, historical, cultural centers of Zurich, Luzern, Munich, and Salzburg. Visit Mozart’s birthplace, see the fairlytales castles of Germany’s Bavaria, and snow covered peaks of the Swiss Alps. Stay in centrally located, well-known, quality, hotels. Enjoy plenty of free time for your own discoveries and adventures to explore the culture, history, and everyday life of these unique countries.
In your free time, consider additional events such as (1) the Sound of Music tour of the movie sites and sets, or (2) drive on the German Autobahn with a car of your choice, or (3) visit major World War II sites and memorials.
Dates and Prices
- July 26-August 4, 2020 (Sunday through Tuesday)
- $2,700.00 + Air
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria, Austria, and Switzerland come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 25 sightseeing events: Zurich walking tour, Munich walking tour, Luzern walking tour, historic Bern, Salzburg walking tour, orientation for walks/hiking in the Swiss Alps, boat ride on the Lake of Zurich, tour of the chocolate factory, visit to the BMW World, Neuschwanstein Castle tour, Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart’s birthplace, Munich Residenz Palace, Dachau concentration camp, Bavaria’s Romantic Road, Munich’s Marienplatz, English Gardens, Old Town, historic churches, Hofbrauhaus, Vikualienmarkt, Olympic Stadium and Park, Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse, Fraumunster, and much more.
- 10 days/8 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between European cities and hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- GGL ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Day 1: Overnight flight
- Day 2: Zurich, Switzerland (move to your hotel; welcome dinner in the historic downtown)
- Day 3: Bern (the capitol of Switzerland) and stopover at the chocolate factory
- Day 4: Luzern and the Swiss Alps (dinner included)
- Day 5: Munich, Germany (historic city walk)
- Day 6: The castles of Bavaria; the Romantic Road
- Day 7: Salzburg, Austria (free afternoon; dinner included)
- Day 8: BMW World, and major sites of Munich
- Day 9: Free Day (the final dinner)
- Day 10: Fly home (or extend the trip by 3 extra days; ask for details)