Why join us for this trip? Because it is only in late September and only in Munich that you can participate the centuries long tradition of the Octoberfest! Do not settle for second-best; travel with us to the place were the tradition has started and where it still is the most authentic Octoberfest experience possible: Munich, Germany!
Join us for the 186th edition of Oktoberfest in 2019 at traditional Oide Wiesn in Munich! The first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17th with a horse race. In the following years, the celebrations were repeated and, later, the festival was prolonged and moved forward into September. By moving the festivities up, it allowed for better weather conditions. Because the September nights were warmer, the visitors were able to enjoy the gardens outside the tents and the stroll over “die Wiesen” or the fields much longer without feeling chilly. Join us for the 186th edition of one of the greatest Munich traditions!
Date & Price
- September 17 – 23, 2020 (Thursday through Wednesday)
- $1,900.00 + Airfare
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- NOTE: at Go Global each tour is Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of options to customize your European adventure!
- A small, friendly group of 6-12 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria (and maybe Berlin and Salzburg, and the Romantic Road?) come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 20 sightseeing events: Munich walking tours, participate in the walking parade through Munich to officially open 2019 Octoberfest, witness tapping of the first Octoberfest-beer-barrel, Octoberfest traditional costume parade, traditional concerts the Octoberfest brass-band, … and much, much more.
- 7 days/5 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and half of your dinners
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Day 1: Overnight flight
- Day 2: Munich
- Day 3: Octoberfest parade and opening ceremonies
- Day 4: Octoberfest traditional costume parade
- Day 5: Munich
- Day 6: Munich
- Day 7: Free day
- Day 8: Fly home (or add 2 additional days in Berlin; cost: $475)
NOTE: Due to limited seat availability, this tour may be sold out by the time we receive your request. If we cannot confirm your seat, you will be contacted immediately.