Experience the history, culture, food, and social diversity of France as you travel off the beaten path and through the French countryside to take-in daily life in the French Republic – and do it the way locals do it! Tour starts in the historical Alsace region famous for its white wines Gewurztraminer, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir. The area is crisscrossed by a network of canals, vineyards and storybook villages that follow the famous Route du Vin. Next, we explore the region of Burgundy, known for her dry red wines, chardonnay, chablis and beaujolais, and of course dijon Mustard. This region boasts picturesque countryside, some of the oldest vineyards in Europe, and world’s most famous wine routes. Next, our great adventure takes us into the Franche Comete region to sample their unique Jura yellow wines and some of the most famous cheeses in France, Comte. This more mountainous region offers the famous Chateau Chalon as well as medieval abbeys and beautiful waterfalls. A final stopover of our tour: Paris, the City of Lights, arguably the most romantic city on this planet!
Date & Price
September 23 – October 1, 2023 – Sign Up Here
May 18 – June 2, 2024 – Sign Up Here
September 23 – October 1 – Sign Up Here
October 6-12, 2024 – Sign Up Here
- $3,300 + Air
- Our tours do not include airfare.
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- Add an optional stopover in London, either before or after your visit to Paris.
- NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Paris romantic vacations!
- Fully customized, a la carte, authentic, worry-free, stress-free, worry-free, adventure with you making all choices and selections!
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of France come alive for you.
- All authentic tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to pre-selected historical and cultural sights as well as many unique local events of your choice.
- 9 days/7 nights accommodations in upscale, centrally located, hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each prior trip you have taken.
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your meals, free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Daily Activity Key
Light (1-2 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
Moderate (3–4 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
Strenuous (4+ miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
After the initial orientation session, we will take a neighborhood walk and tour of Colmar. Optional after dinner walk as we explore it’s famous storybook streets and shops.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we begin to explore the Route du Vin. We will begin in Riquewihr, where we will wander the cobblestone streets finding winemaker’s shops and tasting rooms. You will also get a chance to taste domaine de la tour blanche and walk around the vineyards. Take a stop in the picturesque town of Hunawihr, and continue onto Ribeauville, a charming town sitting between vineyards and mountains. Time permitting, we will explore one of the 3 fortified castles on the mountainside.
Welcome to the food and wine capital of the world! Today we will drive to Dijon (yes, like the mustard) and spend the day tasting your way around the vineyards and city.
Continuing onto Beaune, this walled town is at the center of the Burgundy winemaking region. Here you will visit the Chateau du Clos de Vourgeot as well as the Burgundy Wine Museum. Continue to learn the smells and history of wine at La Caves Aux Aromes.
Today we will visit Poligny, in the Jura department of eastern France, and continue our wine and cheese tastings. Take a stroll through the Chateau-Chalon which overlooks the Jura vineyards. No trip would be complete without a stop in “one of the most beautiful villages of France,” Baume les Messieurs. Visit the 900AD Abby and the breathtaking waterfalls coming out of the mountainside.
Time to say goodbye to the countryside and hello to Paris! We will take the train to the City of Light.
Today we will explore Paris together, visiting icons of the city such as Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Sainte Chapelle, and of course the Eiffel Tower. We will walk on the Champs Elysee, around the Latin quarter, or through Rue Mouffetard.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Extend your trip by staying in London (pre or post trip option; ask for details and pricing)
NOTE: Due to limited seat availability, this tour may be sold out by the time we receive your request. If we cannot confirm your place, you will be contacted immediately.