Celebrate the Bastille Day, the biggest and most important festival in the French calendar. It commemorates the day that Parisian commoners and peasants stormed the fortress and prison of Bastille. This provoked events that would end the monarchy and usher in the age of liberty, fraternity, and equality. Celebrations are held all over France, including large-scale public events and parties. The best place to be, however, is in Paris. Here, celebrations start on the night of 13 July when many fire stations throw all-night parties. On Bastille Day itself, a huge parade and various free concerts take place around the city. Come nightfall, some of the best fireworks you will ever see light up the sky over the Eiffel Tower. For the best atmosphere and view of the display, go early to the Trocadéro gardens, the Parc de Belleville, or the Champ de Mars. For a bird’s eye view of the city, the Sacré Cœur or Montparnasse Tower are unbeatable.)
Date & Price
COST: $1,800.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options (add Paris?) to customize your European adventures!
- Fully customized, a la carte, authentic, worry-free, stress-free, worry-free, adventure with you making all choices and selections!
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Paris and come alive for you.
- All authentic tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to pre-selected historical, cultural, and local events of your choice
- 6 days/4 nights accommodations in upscale, centrally located, hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2021
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your meals, free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP to reschedule.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Paris. Our meeting we be followed with a walk to become more familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After Paris Metro orientation, we we will explore few most memorable cultural and historical sights of Paris, including stops at the Eiffel Tower. After dinner, take an optional trip to the Montmartre neighborhood.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we will start our explorations of the city in the place where Paris did, on the Ile de la Cité. Our walking tour will introduce you to city’s early history. We will stop at the two of the world’s most iconic medieval Gothic churches: the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral and the elegant and intimate Sainte-Chapelle. After free time for lunch, we will stroll through the bohemian Latin Quarter, named for the language heard on these streets during the Middle Ages (because of students attending the Sorbonne University). Th rest of the day is free for personal explorations of this magical city.
Walking: strenuous. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Notre Dame.
Today we will explore artistic Paris, starting with a hike up Montmartre to tour the colorful neighborhood that was the playground of artistic geniuses a century ago — including Van Gogh, Picasso, and Renoir — and generations of hopeful artists since. We will enjoy spectacular views of Paris from the Sacré-Cœur Basilica before proceeding to the Louvre where you come face to face with the works of Raphael, Delacroix, and Leonardo, and timeless treasures including Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo, and hundreds more. We will finish our day on a romantic Seine River cruise, just in time to celebrate the Valentines Day.
Today, we travel to the countryside and visit the elaborate palace that Louis XIV, XV, and XVI called home. We will make the 30-minute train trip to Versailles, where we will explore the dazzling Hall of Mirrors and other sumptuous rooms of the palace. Afternoon is free time to wander through the expansive gardens and visit the farm animals at Marie Antoinette’s hamlet — or zip back to Paris early via one of the frequent trains.
Walking: moderate to strenuous. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Left Bank.
This is our travel day. Paris CDG and Paris ORY airports can be easily reached by regional train or taxi from our Parisian neighborhood. For those not ready to return home yet, Paris is a great jumping off point to London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, and many other exciting destinations (ask us for help you with travel logistics and itinerary suggestions). Cheerio!
Itinerary specifics subject to change.