Why join us for this trip? Because it is only in late September and only in Munich that you can participate the centuries long tradition of the Oktoberfest! Do not settle for second-best; travel with us to the place were the tradition has started and where it still is the most authentic Octoberfest experience possible: Munich, Germany!
Join us for the 187th edition of Oktoberfest at traditional Oide Wiesn in Munich! The first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17th with a horse race. In the following years the celebrations were repeated and later the festival was prolonged and moved forward into September. By moving the festivities up, it allowed for better weather conditions because the September nights are warmer and visitors were able to enjoy the gardens outside the tents and the stroll over “die Wiesen” or the festival grounds. Join us for the 187th edition of this great Munich traditions!
Date & Price
TOUR A: September 15-22, 2022
TOUR B: September 14-21, 2023
$2,400.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Munich and Bavaria adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 6-12 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria (and maybe Berlin and Salzburg, and the Romantic Road?) come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 20 sightseeing events: Munich walking tours, participate in the walking parade through Munich to officially open Octoberfest, witness tapping of the first Octoberfest-beer-barrel, Octoberfest traditional costume parade, traditional concerts the Octoberfest brass-band, … and much, much more.
- 7 days/5 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and half of your dinners
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to this 2021
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting starts at 3 pm at our hotel in Munich. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After dinner, take an optional walk to Munich’s major monument and classy Marienplatz, the heart of the city. End the day at the Octoberfest.
Today, we will start with a walking tour of the historical center of Munich. We will explore Munich’s Christian (the city’s name is plural of “monk”) with visits to her oldest churches, including iconic city landmarks of Frauenkirche and the Viktualienmarkt. In the afternoon, we will join the opening ceremonies and enjoy the costume parade of the Octoberfest.
This morning and afternoon travel the Romantic Road and explore the picturesque and alluring countryside of Bavaria. We will stop at two major sites of Bavarian royalty, the Neuschwanstein Castle and the Linderhof Palace. We will also visit rustic and world-famous village of Oberammergau. We will return to Munich for the evening at the Octoberfest’s minor tents.
Walking: light to strenuous (if you select to climb to the Castle)
Today is a free day for personal explorations. Take an optional trip to Salzburg, the city of Mozart and the Sound of Music. Follow the footsteps of Bavarian royalty at the Residenz and the Nymphenburg Palace. Free evening back in Munich. Explore major WW2 sites of Dachau and the Eagles Nest.
Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after dinner walk).
This morning visit Munich’s most iconic export: the BMW Museum and the BMW World Center. In the afternoon explore the ground of the 1972 Olympics. Evening is free for personal discoveries and explorations at the Octoberfest major tents.
Walking: light to moderate.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.