Spring is one of the most beautiful times to visit Japan. Starting in March cherry trees blossom into downy flowers and continue through May. Come and enjoy beautiful sakura!
During spring time, all the usual parks and temples look extra beautiful with cherry blossoms, or sakura, in the background. You’ll be so impressed by it at nature, historical, and cultural sites and experience Japanese culture during spring time. You will see vivid pink petals fluttering all the usual areas of Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Mt. Fuji, and Tokyo. And along the way taste authentic regional and local delicacies.
Date & Price
Tour A: April 16-24, 2022 (4 OPEN SPOTS LEFT)
Tour B: October 29-November 6, 2022
COST: $2,825.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making visa and flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Osaka (KIX) and out of Tokyo (NRT)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Osaka.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first-class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Japan adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-10 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Japan come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 30 sightseeing events: city tours of Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima, major castles of feudal period, major Buddhist temples and shrines … and much, much more.
- 9 days/7 nights’ accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities (express train and/or domestic flight).
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and half of your dinners
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: You are responsible for cost of your drinks, free-time sightseeing and travel, airport transfers, optional tips for guides, drivers, and single room supplement.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Osaka. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. We will walk to the heart of the city, the Midosuji Street. After dinner, take an optional walk to the historical heart of the city.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after dinner walk).
Today is a long day with the trip to Hiroshima. Our walking tour will start with the famous garden, Shukkei-en, followed by visits to the Hiroshima castle (home of mighty rulers in ancient times), and end at the at the Atomic Bomb Dome (the global symbol of peace). Upon return to Osaka, will have one more opportunity to experience many cultural and shopping treasures of this great city.
We will spend most of our day in Koyto’s Higashiyama district and follow the Philosopher’s Path. Path is lined up with hundreds of cherry trees. We will stop for a late lunch near the Temple of Honen-in. We will spend evening in world famous Zen Gardens in northern Kyoto
This morning we will visit Japan’s first capitol in Nara and her major Buddhist temples. In the afternoon, we will visit Japan’s best preserved and most beautiful feudal Himeji Castle.
Walking: moderate to strenuous (if you select to climb to the Castle)
This morning, we take a high-speed train to Tokyo. We will explore Tokyo’s popular Western District, including stops at Meiji Shrine and iconic urban ward of Shibuya and Harajuku.
Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after dinner walk).
This morning, with help of the water bus explore the historic Asakusa district, museums on Odaiba, and Hama Rikyu garden.
Today, is your free day. Optional stops include days trips to Hakone (with views of Mount Fuji), Yokohama (Japan’s largest Chinatown district) or last-minute shopping.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Note: itinerary is subject to change