- Visit at least 12 traditional Christmas markets: major markets in Berlin, Weimar, Erfurt, Leipzig, Nuremberg and Munich, plus number of smaller markets along the way
- Discover authentic local traditions that retain the original message of the Advent story at each Christmas market, including villages made famous by Martin Luther: Wittenberg and Wartburg!
- Get your Christmas shopping done!
- Visit some of the greatest European cathedrals and churches
Date & Price
Tour A: November 29-December 6, 2021 (Monday through Monday)
Tour B: November 28-December 5, 2022 (Monday through Monday)
$2,050.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Berlin (TXL) and out of Munich (MUC) — choose “multicity” on flight-booking websites.
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Germany.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your German adventures!
Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Christmas Markets adventure!
- A very small, friendly group of 6-10 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of German Christmas markets come alive for you
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 18 sightseeing events: walking tours in Munich, Berlin, Erfurt, Weimar, and Wittenberg, castles of Wartburg and Beichlingen, visits to at least 12 different Christmas markets, BMW World in Munich, Berlin Wall, Alexander Platz, as well as optional trip to the Bavarian countryside and Romantic Road.
- 8 days/6 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between Berlin and Munich.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Berlin. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. We will visit at least two Christmas markets today (on in the East and one in the West part of the city). After dinner, take an optional walk to West Berlin’s major historical sites, the Memorial Church.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after dinner walk).
Today, we will start with a walking tour of the historical center of east Berlin. We will explore majors historical and cultural sites of east and west Berlin. We will visit at least two of the most famous Christmas markets in the city. Evening is free for personal explorations of this great city.
Following breakfast in Berlin, we will drive into Saxony and explore Wittenberg, the birthplace of Protestant Reformation (aka, Martin Luther). Next, we will stop in Leipzig to explore 2nd oldest Christmas market in Germany (tradition dates it back to 1458). Our final stop today is Beichlingen Castle (dates back to 11th century), our home for the next 2 nights. Time permitting, we will travel to Erfurt this evening to explore the markets and the city.
Following breakfast in the castle, we will drive Thuringia. Our first stop is Wartburg Castle (made famous by Martin Luther). Our next stop is in picturesque and historical Eisenach. Afternoon will be spent in Weimar (made famous by Goethe and the Bauhaus movement). Our final stop today is Erfurt and its famous Weihnachtsmarkt.
Today, we enter Bavaria, with stops at the Advent market in Bamberg and Nuremberg (arguably one of the oldest German Christmas markets). We should arrive in Munich just in time for dinner at one of her many great beerhalls. Evening will be free to exploring this great city on your own.
Today, we will start with a walking tour of the historical center of Munich. We will explore Munich’s Christian (the city’s name is plural of “monk”) with visits to her oldest churches, including iconic city landmarks of Frauenkirche and the Viktualienmarkt. In the afternoon we will explore the most famous export, the BMW World. Evening is free for personal discoveries and explorations of this great city.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.
NOTE: consider adding another week in Italy! (click here to get more details)