Experience charming Switzerland, proud Bavaria, and quaint Austria. Explore quaint, historical, cultural centers of Zurich, Luzern, Munich, and Salzburg. Visit Mozart’s birthplace, see the fairytales castles of Germany’s Bavaria, and snow covered peaks of the Swiss Alps. Stay in centrally located, well-known, quality, hotels. Enjoy plenty of free time for your own discoveries and adventures to explore the culture, history, and everyday life of these unique countries.
In your free time, consider additional events such as (1) the Sound of Music tour of the movie sites and sets, or (2) drive on the German Autobahn with a car of your choice, or (3) visit major World War II sites and memorials.
Date & Price
Tour A: July 25-August 3, 2021 (SOLD OUT)
Tour B: September 25-October 4, 2021 (5 SPOTS AVAILABLE)
Tour C: Chocolate / Train Tour: November 1-9, 2021 (6 SPOTS AVAILABLE)
Tour D: Ski in the Alps: March 5-12, 2022
Tour E: Chocolate Tour: April 10-18, 2022
Tour F: July 24-August 2, 2022
Tour G: Swiss Trains and Alps: August 21 – 28, 2022
$2,875.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired. Click here to let us know.
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Munich (MUC) and out of Zurich (ZHR)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Munich.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Germany and Switzerland adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Bavaria, Austria, and Switzerland come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 25 sightseeing events: Zurich walking tour, Munich walking tour, Luzern walking tour, historic Bern, Salzburg walking tour, orientation for walks/hiking in the Swiss Alps, boat ride on the Lake of Zurich, tour of the chocolate factory, visit to the BMW World, Neuschwanstein Castle tour, Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart’s birthplace, Munich Residenz Palace, Dachau concentration camp, Bavaria’s Romantic Road, Munich’s Marienplatz, English Gardens, Old Town, historic churches, Hofbrauhaus, Vikualienmarkt, Olympic Stadium and Park, Zurich’s Bahnhofstrasse, Fraumunster, and much more.
- 10 days/8 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between European cities and hotels.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- GG DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2021
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Munich. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After dinner, take an optional walk Munich’s major monument and classy Marienplatz, the heart of the city.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after dinner walk).
Today, we will start with a walking tour of the historical center of Munich. We will explore Munich’s Christian (the city’s name is plural of “monk”) with visits to her oldest churches, including iconic city landmarks of Frauenkirche and the Viktualienmarkt. In the afternoon we will explore the most famous export, the BMW World. Evening is free for personal discoveries and explorations of this great city.
Today we will travel the Romantic Road and explore the picturesque and alluring countryside of Bavaria. We will stop at two major sites of Bavarian royalty, the Neuschwanstein Castle and the Linderhof Palace. We will also visit rustic and world-famous village of Oberammergau. We will return to Munich in the evening.
Walking: moderate to strenuous (if you select to climb to the Castle)
Today is a free day for personal explorations. Take an optional trip to Salzburg, the city of Mozart and the Sound of Music. Follow the footsteps of Bavarian royalty at the Residenz and the Nymphenburg Palace. Free evening back in Munich. Explore major WW2 sites of Dachau and the Eagles Nest.
Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after dinner walk).
This morning, we will depart for Zurich. We will make a brief stopover in the Principality of Liechtenstein before we enter pristine and enchanting landscapes of Switzerland. After setting into our Swiss accommodation, we will start exploring Zurich’s historical district. We will take our first glimpse of the Swiss Alps right after dinner.
Today, we will travel to the top of the Swiss Alps. We will make stops at historical village Altdorf made famous by stories of Wilhelm Tell) and experience timeless beatify of Luzern and its lake. In the evening, celebrate the Swiss National Holiday with street parties, food, live music and some of the best fireworks anywhere.
We’ll begin our day with a walking tour of Zurich. Next, we will tour one of the oldest Swiss chocolate factories (including tastings). In the afternoon, we will arrive in the Swiss capitol of Bern. In the evening, we will take a boat ride on the lake of Zurich.
Today is a free day in Zurich. You will have opportunity to enjoy this incredible city and its many cultural and shopping treasures. Consider optional trip to the ancient ice glacier and snow-covered mountain tops of the Swiss Alps.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.