This tour is all about giving you the most authentic taste of China. Visit various royal palaces and temples to get the first hand glimpse into unique Chinese wooden architecture. Hold your breath when you climb on the Great Wall and be amazed by the Terracotta Warriors; key symbols of powerful and funerary culture of the imperial China. Be in close contact with the precious, cute, Giant Panda. And throughout the trip, enjoy authentic culinary delights peculiar to each region and city that we visit.
Date & Price
TOUR A: April 2-11, 2022 (8 OPEN SPOTS LEFT)
COST: $2,525.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- This tour requires Chinese visa that must be obtained prior to departure
- We are glad to assist with making visa and flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Chengdu (EDI) and out of Beijing (PEK)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in China.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first-class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your China adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-10 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of China come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 30 sightseeing events: visit with the Giant Panda, meet the life-size Terracotta Warriors, walk the famous Great Wall of China, visit imperial sites in Beijing and Xian, including Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven ad Summer Palace, tour major city highlights of Chengdu, Xian, and Beijing, including Giant Buddha, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Ancient City Wall, Muslim Quarter, Tian’anmen Square, Hutong, … and much, much more.
- 10 days/8 nights’ accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities (express train and/or domestic flight).
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and half of your dinners
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: You are responsible for cost of your drinks, free-time sightseeing and travel, airport transfers, optional tips for guides, drivers, and single room supplement.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Chengdu. Following that meeting, become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. After dinner, take an optional walk to the historical heart of the city.
Walking: light (moderate, if you join after dinner walk).
Today, we will visit Giant Pandas. In the afternoon, we will explore ancient Wenshu Temple, renmin Park, and Jinli Old Street. Evening is free for personal discoveries and explorations of this great city.
Today we will travel to Leshan to see Giant Buddha and Mount Emei. We will return to Chengdu in the evening.
Walking: moderate to strenuous (if you select to climb to the Castle)
This morning, we take a high-speed train to Xian. Following 4 hours, we will arrival in the ancient capital and visit the Big Goose Pagoda and Ancient City Walls.
Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after dinner walk).
This morning, we will drive to visit the Terracotta Warriors. We will return to Xian in the late afternoon. Evening is free for personal explorations of this historic city.
Today, we will take another high-speed train to Beijing. In the afternoon, we will visit the Summer Palace, Hutong, and historical city center.
We’ll begin our day with a walking tour of the Forbidden City. Next, we will tour historical Tian’anmen Square. We will finish our day at traditional local restaurant and enjoy world-famous Peking Duck dishes.
Today is a long day with the trip to the Great Wall of China. Upon return to Beijing, will have one more opportunity to experience many cultural and shopping treasures of this great city.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Note: itinerary is subject to change