Experience La Dolce Vita, Italian Spring Break!
There is no better way to start this spring than with a break trip to the place that defines and practices “the good life”! La Dolce Vita (translated either as “the sweet life” or “the good life”) refers to the Italian approach to living and attitude about life. Every meal is a celebration, every meeting is a party, and very day is a blessing.
During early spring, Italy has few tourists, the prices are lower than in high season, and the weather is getting warm. March is a great time for worry-free, stress-free, first=hand experience of La Dolce Vita!
Ancient Rome, Captivating Florence, Exciting Venice!
These destinations alone are enough to lure anyone who loves travel and discovery. This trip has been designed for those who wish to explore and experience authentic side of Italy. We will explore past and present culture, history, and everyday life of Italy’s most important cities. Experience authentic Italy and its many marvelous and varied regions. Join us for this customized, authentic experience of ancient and modern Italy!
Date & Price
DATES: March 19-27, 2022
COST: $2,875.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Spring Break adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Italy come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – covering access to at least 25 sightseeing events: Rome walking tour, Florence Renaissance walk, Venice walks, Vatican City walking tour, St. Peter’s Basilica, St. John the Lateran Church, Santa Maria Maggiore Church, Vatican Museum, Pantheon, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Christmas markets in Rome, Florence, “Holy Staircase,” dinner at a convent, papal audience, Palazzo Vechio, Dante’s home, Accademia and Michelangelo’s David, the Baptistery, the Duomo, lectures on the Renaissance and the Roman Empire, the Emmanuel monument, Venetian Lagoon, San Marco, Rialto Bridge, and much more.
- 9 days/7 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2021
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP. Walking: light.
Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Rome. After initial orientation session, we will take a neighborhood walk and tour your cities most memorable sights. Optional after dinner walk as we explore the Old City. Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
Today we will explore the center of Ancient Rome. We start with visits to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Piazza del Campidoglio, before capping our day at the 2000 years old Pantheon. Walking: strenuous (watch out for unpaved streets of the Ancient Rome and the Roman Forum). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Spanish Steps.
In the morning, we will visit major sites of Christian Rome and then move on the Vatican City, including the Vatican Museum. Walking: strenuous (especially around the Vatican City and in the Vatican Museum). After dinner, take an optional walk through the mysterious and charming streets of the medieval Rome
After breakfast, and an optional audience with the pope, we will take train to Florence. Upon arrival in Florence, we will become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. We will cap off the day with the Renaissance Walk though Florence. Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after-dinner walk). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Duomo and our favorite Gelateria in town.
After breakfast, we will explore the Farmer’s Market and follow up with walk through historical center of Florence. Our stops include Brunelleschi’s magnificent cathedral dome, Ghiberti’s Baptistery doors, the Baptistery, and the Accademia Gallery where we will have time to appreciate Michelangelo’s masterpieces, including David. Walking: light to moderate. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Piazza Michelangelo for the best views of the city, followed by return to our favorite Gelateria in town.
This morning, we will take express train to Venice. Upon arrival, our local guide (who is also an artist!) will take us for a historical walking tour through the backstreets of Venice, ending in St. Mark’s Square and the shimmering, mosaic-filled Basilica. Along the way, we’ll learn about the city’s remarkable past and its challenging future. The afternoon and evening are free to explore the imposing Doge’s Palace, take in a church concert, waltz on St. Mark’s Square, or pub-crawl your way through this unique city. Walking: strenuous.
This morning, we will explore the Venice’s lagoon. We will visit my favorite island, where you’ll have free time to explore and enjoy lunch on your own. After returning, we’ll set you free to discover Venice’s other famous sights and find dinner on your own in the tangled maze of alleys and trattorias. Tonight, we’ll regroup for a classic, romantic gondola ride through Venice’s moonlit canals. Walking: moderate.
Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.