BEST SPRING BREAK EVER – REALLY!
There is no better way to start your spring than with this trip to inviting and sunny Greece and historical and hospitable Italy! The crowds are few, the prices are lower than in high season, and the weather is warm. March is the best time for a perfect Spring Break!
Ancient Athens. Serene and idyllic Greek islands. Ancient Rome!
These destinations alone are enough to lure anyone who loves travel and discovery. This trip has been designed for those who wish to explore and experience authentic side of Greece and Italy. We will explore past and present culture, history, and everyday life of Greece and Italy’s most important cities. Experience authentic Greece, the birthplace of modern-day democracy, theater, even the Olympics. Then, travel to Italy and its many marvelous and varied regions. Join us for this customized, authentic experience of ancient but influential countries!
Date & Price
TOUR A: March 13-21, 2021 GREECE
TOUR B: March 20-28, 2021 ITALY
$2,850.00 + Air
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Athens (ATH) and out of Rome (FCO)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Greece.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Spring Break adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Italy come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 35 sightseeing events: Athens, Santorini, Rome, Vatican City city walking tours; the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, Parthenon, the historic Plaka district, the Syntagma Square, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysos, experience Monastiraki district, food walking tour, a day-long Aegean cruise; St. Peter’s Basilica, St. John the Lateran Church, Santa Maria Maggiore Church, Vatican Museum, Pantheon, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, “Holy Staircase,” dinner at a convent, papal audience, optional lectures on Greek philosophy, papacy, and the Roman Empire, the Emmanuel monument, and … much, much more.
- 9 days/7 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
Daily Activity Key
- Light (2–4 miles of mostly level walking throughout the day)
- Moderate (2–6 miles walking throughout the day with some hills and stairs)
- Strenuous (2–8 miles walking throughout the day with lots of hills, stairs, and uneven terrain)
Tour A + Tour B: Today is a long travel day; be as rested as possible before you head for the airport. Know your itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP. Walking: light.
Tour A + Tour B: Our orientation meeting with start at 3 pm at our hotel in Athens (or Rome). After initial orientation session, we will take a neighborhood walk and tour your cities most memorable sights. Optional after dinner walk as we explore the Old City. Walking: light (moderate, if you join after-dinner walk).
- Tour A: After breakfast, we will explore the most ancient part of the city, Agora and the Mars Hill and the world-famous Acropolis and Parthenon. After free time for lunch, we will be introduced to modern Athens, the Parliament Square, and city’s famous food market. Rest of the day is free for personal explorations of the city. Walking: strenuous.
- Tour B: Today we will explore the center of Ancient Rome. We start with visits to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Piazza del Campidoglio, before capping our day at the 2000 years old Pantheon. Walking: strenuous (watch out for unpaved streets of the Ancient Rome and the Roman Forum). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Spanish Steps.
- Tour A: After morning in the artistic neighborhoods of Athens, we will take ferry to the island of Santorini. We will be introduced to the island living and try authentic Greek salads for dinner at the beach. Walking: moderate.
- Tour B: In the morning, we will visit major sites of Christian Rome and then move on the Vatican City, including the Vatican Museum. Walking: strenuous (especially around the Vatican City and in the Vatican Museum). After dinner, take an optional walk through the mysterious and charming streets of the medieval Rome
- Tour A: For our first full day at Santorini we will take a driving our of this small, traffic sparse, picturesque island. We will spend some time in Fira, Santorini’s main town. Evening sunsets will be celebrated every evening from a different part of the island. Walking: moderate.
- Tour B: After breakfast, and an optional audience with the pope, we will take train to Florence. Upon arrival in Florence, we will become familiar with our neighborhood and its surroundings. We will cap off the day with the Renaissance Walk though Florence. Walking: moderate (and more, if you join after-dinner walk). After dinner, take an optional walk to the Duomo and our favorite Gelateria in town.
- Tour A: Today, we will walk the island to the idylic village of Oia, with her collection of whitewashed houses and blue domes proudly decorating the steep slope at the top of a cliff. Viewpoints from here are some of the most iconic in the Greek seas, and provide my favorite Santorini sunset experiences. Walking: strenuous.
- Tour B: After breakfast, we will explore the Farmer’s Market and follow up with walk through historical center of Florence. Our stops include Brunelleschi’s magnificent cathedral dome, Ghiberti’s Baptistery doors, the Baptistery, and the Accademia Gallery where we will have time to appreciate Michelangelo’s masterpieces, David. Walking: light to moderate. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Piazza Michelangelo for the best views of the city, followed by return to our favorite Gelateria in town.
- Tour A: after breakfast, enjoy your last day in Santorini, including stops at the black, red and white beaches. Time permitting, we will take evening sunset cruise to see the island from the sea. Walking: moderate to strenuous.
- Tour B: after breakfast, we will explore the Tuscan and Umbria countryside, including famous hill city of San Gimignano and mysterious Lucca. Walking: light to moderate. After dinner, take an optional walk to the Piazza Michelangelo for the best views of the city, followed by return to our favorite Gelateria in town. Walking: light to moderate.
Tour A + Tour B: Today is a free day; in Italy, go back to the Farmer’s Market or take an optional trip to Pisa, explore the Tuscan countryside, or shop at the Christmas Market. In Greece, we will travel back to Athens for the final day in Greece. Once in the capitol, you will have opportunity to re-visiting Athens famous food market near Monastiraki. Walking: light to moderate.
Tour A + B: Today is a travel day. Know your flight itinerary – if any of your flights are delayed or canceled, contact the airline authorities ASAP.
Itinerary specifics subject to change.