Iberian Tapestry: Spain & Portugal
A tapestry takes different colors and cloths, and weaves them together into a beautiful design. This Iberian Tapestry tour weaves together the sights and cultures of Spain’s and Portugal’s most famous cities (Lisbon and Madrid) into one marvelous vacation. Fans of art and architecture will be delighted by the visits to the famous Prado Museum, which houses 8,000 pieces of Western painting and is one of the world’s most prestigious art museums. From the larger cities to the differing countryside and landscapes, from its world-class art, historical sights, and magnificent cathedrals to its sunny climate and unique cuisine, this trip is a great introduction to the Iberian Peninsula!
- Madrid: Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings plus an impressive foreign collection as you tour the Prado Museum with an expert art historian.
- Lisbon: Visit Jeronimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries.
- Optional trip to Seville: From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, step inside the cathedral, past the altarpiece dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
Date & Price
- June 5-14, 2020 (Friday through Sunday)
- $2,700.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Madrid (MAD) and out of Lisbon (LIS)
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Spain.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Rome and Florence adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 8-12 people
- Full-time services of our travel concierge, friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Spain and Portugal come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – most at no extra cost – including access to at least 30 pre-selected historical, cultural, and local events of your choice: walking tours of Madrid and Lisbon; Prado and Thyssen-Bornemisza museums, Church of Santo Tomé, El Greco’s famous painting, Lisbon’s Monument to the Discoveries, ancient Belem Tower, Lisbon Cathedral, the Santa Cruz Quarter, the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de Espania, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol
- Optional day trips to Segovia, Toledo, and Sintra Palace
- 10 days/8 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between Madrid and Lisbon
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- Optional day (or multiple days) trips to Barcelona
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: You are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Day 1: Overnight flight to the Iberian Peninsula
- Day 2: Madrid (move to your hotel; city walk)
- Day 3: Madrid (historical castles and churches)
- Day 4: Free Day (stay in Madrid, or take optional trip to Segovia)
- Day 5: Madrid (contemporary city and museums)
- Day 6: Lisbon (move to your hotel; city walk)
- Day 7: Lisbon (city tour)
- Day 8: Lisbon (countryside)
- Day 9: Lisbon (free day, or take optional trip to Sintra Castle)
- Day 10: Fly home