Why join us for this December adventure? Because it is only in Germany and only during DECEMBER that you can find local markets with handmade Christmas ornaments and gifts; that you can admire locally decorated, living Christmas trees; and you can sample elaborate pastries straight out of a medieval cookbook; and listen to lyrical midnight masses in Gothic churches. Only in December can you participation in local (and often quirky) traditions found at the local Christmas markets. Enjoy the village atmosphere centered around socializing and re-telling the story of Christmas and the reason for the Christmas gifts, at local Advent markets held in the cathedral squares of all major German (and some Austrian and even Polish ) cities!
Join us for this worry-free, stree-free, customized vacation to the Christmas past!
This December, start your yuletide season in authentic Europe by shopping in candy-cane striped stalls (Nuremberg), seeing an 85-foot Christmas tree in the land where the tradition began (Munich) and sampling an 8,000-pound fruitcake – one I promise you won’t want to re-gift (Leipzig). Step back in time as you eat elaborate pastries straight out of a medival cookbook, listen to lyrical midnight masses in Gothic chruches, and participate in local (and often quirky) traditions at the Christmas markets. Enjoy the village atmosphere centered around visiting and socilaizing at local Advent markets held in the cathedral square from late November until Christmas Eve. So join me this year on a trip to Christian past and experience traditions that literally date back to the early medieval times! Join us to celebrate Christmas and centuries of tradition on this authentic tour of Christmas markets of Europe:
- visit at least 12 traditional Christmas markets: major markets in Berlin, Weimar, Erfurt, Leipzig, Nuremberg and Munich, plus number of smaller markets along the way
- discover authentic local traditions that retain the original message of the Advent story at each Christmas market, including villages made famous by Martin Luther: Wittenberg and Wartburg!
- get your Christmas shopping done!
- visit some of the greatest European cathedrals and churches
Date & Price
- November 30-December 6, 2020 (Monday through Sunday)
- $1,900.00 + Airfare
- Our tours don’t include airfare
- We are glad to assist with making your flight arrangements and airport transfers, if desired
- Some tour members arrange to fly into Berlin (TXL) and out of Munich (MUC) — choose “multicity” on flight-booking websites.
- Booking round-trip to one city will require a connecting flight, train trip, or additional overnight stay in Italy.
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Rome and Florence adventures!
- Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Christmas Markets adventure!
- A very small, friendly group of 6-10 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of German Christmas markets come alive for you
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 18 sightseeing events: walking tours in Munich, Berlin, Erfurt, Weimar, and Wittenberg, castles of Wartburg and Beichlingen, visits to at least 12 different Christmas markets, BMW World in Munich, Berlin Wall, Alexander Platz, as well as optional trip to the Bavarian countryside and Romantic Road.
- 8 days/6 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between Berlin and Munich.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Day 1: Overnight flight
- Day 2: Berlin (plus free time)
- Day 3: Berlin (plus free time)
- Day 4: Erfurt (plus free time)
- Day 5: Wartburg Castle/Weimar (plus free time)
- Day 6: Munich
- Day 7: Munich (plus free time)
- Day 8: Fly home (or extend the trip by extra day in Munich)
- NOTE: consider adding another week in Italy! (click here to get more details)