Explore authentic Italy!
Rome, the Eternal City, is ready for you! Experience the past glory of the Roman Empire while exploring the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Walk in the footsteps of apostles Peter and Paul as you visit the earliest Christian places of worship ever built! Feast your eyes on the Renaissance masterpieces, first in Rome and than in Florence. Finally, when in Florence, get your Christmas shopping done! Buy Italian-made goods, at a fraction of the cost! Enjoy worry-free, stress-free, customized travel in Europe!
- Experience authentic Italy at its best: have audience with the pope, explore the Vatican City, have dinner cooked by the nuns, shop at local Christmas markets, learn about the secrets of gelato, make your own Italian coffee.
- Explore on your own: discover the masterpieces of the Renaissance when in Rome and Florence.
- Shopping: do your Christmas shopping in the streets and specialty stores of Florence.
- Optional, worry-free, customized day trips to Pisa, Siena, and/or Venice (extra cost applies).
- Optional stopover (extra cost) in London before returning home is available.
Dates and Prices
Tour A: December 8-15, 2019 (Sunday through Sunday)
Tour B: December 15-22, 2019 (Sunday through Sunday)
- $1,600.00 + Airfare
- Fly in style: ask me how you can treat yourself to an extra legroom! Premium, business, and first class seats might be available.
- NOTE: at Go Global it is always Your Trip, Your Way. Pick and choose from our vast listing of daily options to customize your Rome and Florence adventures!
- A small, friendly group of 10-15 people
- Full-time services of a friendly guide and local experts who will make fascinating history, art and culture of Italy come alive for you.
- All tours and admissions – at no extra cost – including access to at least 27 sightseeing events: Rome walking tour, Florence Renaissance walk, Vatican City walking tour, St. Peter’s Basilica, St. John the Lateran Church, Santa Maria Maggiore Church, Vatican Museum, Pantheon, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Christmas markets in Rome, Florence, and London, “Holy Staircase,” dinner at a convent, papal audience, Palazzo Vechio, Dante’s home, Accademia and Michelangelo’s David, the Baptistery, the Duomo, lectures on the Renaissance and the Roman Empire, the Emmanuel monument, much more.
- 7 days/6 nights accommodations in memorable, centrally located, hotels.
- All group transportation between hotels/cities.
- Guaranteed tour price, locked-in the moment you submit your application and deposit.
- Optional extensions:
- arrive in Rome a day to two before the start of the tour
- stay in Venice for two additional days at the end of the tour
- All trip related tips, taxes, and gratuities.
- All breakfasts and 4 additional meals
- ALUMNI DISCOUNT of $50 for each trip you have taken prior to 2020
- Fine print: Your are responsible for cost of your drinks, and free-time sightseeing and travel, and airport transfers.
- Day 1: Overnight flight
- Day 2: Rome (move to your hotel; the Colosseum and the Forum, the Pantheon)
- Day 3: Rome (historical churches, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps)
- Day 4: Vatican (St. Peter’s, the convent, the Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel)
- Day 5: Florence (the Renaissance masterpieces)
- Day 6: Florence (morning: more Renaissance masterpieces)
- Day 7: Florence (free day; Christmas market; Christmas shopping)
- Day 8: Fly home (or extend the trip by 1-2 extra days in Venice and/or London)
- NOTE: consider adding a week in Germany prior to this trip (click here for details)